Creamy Vegan Curry
I am so proud of this recipe! I've made curry before and it never came out the way I wanted until now! The coconut milk and curry nuggets are key in my opinion. I ate it over rice and added a dash of Cayenne pepper and cilantro. Totally optional of course but I wouldn't pass on them. I hope you enjoy this recipe!
- 1.5 tbsp oil (vegetable, canola)
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 tsp ginger , grated
- 1/2 onion , finely chopped
- x2 packages of plant based chicken (I use Hodo Plant Based Organic Vegan Thai Curry Nuggets)
- 2.5 tbsp curry powder
- 270 ml / 1.25 cups coconut milk , full fat (9 oz)
- 1.5 cups (375 ml) Vegetable stock low sodium
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Large Carrots cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves , chopped
- 1/2 small bag of baby potatoes
- Cayenne Pepper
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Cook garlic, ginger and onion for 3 minutes until onion is translucent.
Add curry powder and cook for 2 minutes.
Add coconut milk and Vegetable stock.
Add carrots & potatoes. Stir, lower heat to medium and cook, simmering rapidly, for 15 minutes until sauce reduces and thickens and carrots are tender.
Serve over rice or noodles with Cayenne pepper and or cilantro